Choose a date
Amsterdam Highlights - Contemporary Architecture Bike Tour
This guided tour takes you around the highlights of Amsterdam's contemporary architecture.
In the early 20th century many buildings were built in the Amsterdam School style. In the 90's Dutch architecture was at the forefront of innovation and many buldings of the “Superdutch” era were built in Amsterdam. More recently the city has rediscovered the banks of the IJ and many impressive new buildings are being built along the waterfront. This tour will give you a great overview of the development of contemporary architecture in Amsterdam.
Guide: a professional architecture guide with an in depth knowledge of all the projects, history and development of the city.
- The Music building
- The Whale buidling [eastern docklands]
- Pavilion het Oosten – Steven Holl
- ARCAM architecture center
- Nemo Science Museum – Renzo Piano
- Former Head Office Shipping Company (Amsterdamse School style)
- The new Library
- EYE Film Institute + Museum
Piet Heinkade, Amsterdam
Things to bring
- Printed voucher
- Photo / Video Camera
- Guided tour
- Transport - Food/drink - Optional entrance fees
Cancellation more than 1 month before departure date : only administration fees Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount No show: no restitution
Duration: 2 hours
Daily on request
Private Group Tour: Minimal 8 people required
Adult: 30 EUR
* Bike if you want to rent: 15 EUR per person
English and Dutch
*other languages upon request
- Check in at the location at least 15 minutes before departure time.
- Prices, times and itineraries are subject to change without prior notice