Choose a date
Price from € 44 per person
Combination City Tour + Marken Volendam and windmills
- Visit Marken and Volendam, two authentic fishing villages
- Drive through the Dutch polders and along narrow dykes
- Visit Zaanse Schans where time stood still
- Visit a wooden clog/shoe maker
- See how Dutch cheese is made in the traditional way
- Free time for lunch and shopping in Amsterdam
- See the highlight monuments of Amsterdam
- Visit the Amsterdam Diamond Factory
The Amsterdam City Tour and the Volendam, Marken and Windmills tour combined as a full day tour. Through this expansive tour you will get to know Amsterdam, Volendam and Marken very well.
Morning: Marken, Volendam and the windmills
This tour shows the typical Dutch countryside of polders and little canals on the way to the ' Zaanse Schans', a well - known windmill village with many interesting windmills. We will be visiting a wooden shoemaker here. Then we move on to the world-famous fishing villages of Volendam and Marken - on the coast of the former Zuiderzee (now called IJselmeer). With its wooden houses and locals wearing their colourful style of dress. On the way, we will stop at one of the very few cheese farms, where the cheese is still made in the traditional way.
Lunch time: free time in Amsterdam
Lunch is at your own expense.
Afternoon: City Tour Amsterdam
Through this expansive tour you will get to know Amsterdam very well. You will see by luxurious coach, the old and new parts of this beautiful city with its many historical buildings and interesting sights. For example you will get to know the Royal Palace, the National Monument, the Skinny Bridge, the Albert Cuyp market and the beautiful houses along the canals. We will also visit a windmill on the river Amstel and a stop will be made at a diamond factory where you will see the traditional way of polishing.
In summer season (March 23- October 29th) the city tour is made in the morning and the Marken, Volendam and windmill tour in the afternoon.
Damrak 26, Amsterdam
(approx.200 meters from the Central Station).
***Present your voucher at the tour desk at least 20 minutes before departure***
Any questions? Please contact us: phone number: +31(0)299 411111
Tour concludes at original point of departure
Things to bring
- Printed voucher
- Photo / Video camera
Visit to the Diamond Factory
Visit to the windmill village
Boat ride from Volendam to Marken
- Cancellations more then a week in advance only administration costs of 15%
- Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount
- Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount
- No show: no restitution
- We advise to book this tour at least 48 hours in advance.
- Check in at the location at least 20 minutes before departure.
- Prices, menus and itineraries are subject to change without prior notice.
- The boat to Marken does not operate in wintertime (October 29th - 22nd March).
- Lunch is at your own expense.