Choose a date
Marken, Volendam and the Windmills
- Visit Marken and Volendam, two authentic fishing villages
- Drive through the Dutch polders and along narrow dykes
- Visit Zaanse Schans where time stood still
- Visit a wooden clog/shoe maker
- See how Dutch cheese is made in the traditional way
During this tour you will visit the picturesque fishing villages of Volendam and Marken. You will drive through typical Dutch polders and along narrow dykes. Our luxury coach will take you to the Zaanse Schans and its many unique windmills. The old crafts of the Netherlands are not lacking in this tour. You will visit a wooden clog maker and you can see how Dutch cheese is made the traditional way.
This excursion takes us to the countryside north of Amsterdam, to the edge of the river Zaan, where we visit windmill village ‘de Zaanse Schans’, with its characteristic green wooden houses. On the turn of the 18th century this district was an industrial area with approximately 700 windmills in use. In this day and age there are only five left. Through typical Dutch scenery we continue to Volendam for a city walk and the traditional fisherman’s village of Marken, situated on the shores of the former Zuiderzee. This tour includes a visit to a working windmill, boatride between Marken and Volendam, a demonstration in a cheese factory and visit to a traditional clogmaker.
The tour is live guided, but supported by an GPS audio system in 16 languages.
Damrak 26, Amsterdam (approx. 200 meters from the Central Station).
Present your voucher at the tour desk at least 30 minutes before departure
Tour concludes at original point of departure
Things to bring
- Printed voucher
- Photo / Video Camera
- Bus tour in delux coach
- Entrance to windmill
- Cheese factory
- Boat ride from Volendam to Marken
- This bus tour is operated in 16 different languages
- Food and drinks
- Cancellations more than a week in advance only administration costs of 15%
- Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 100% of the total amount
- Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date: 100% of the total amount
- No show: no restitution
- We advise to book this tour at least 48 hours in advance.
- Check in at the location at least 30 minutes before departure.
- Prices, times, menus and itineraries are subject to change without prior notice.