Choose a date
Marken, Volendam and the Windmills
During this tour you will visit the picturesque fishing villages of Volendam and Marken. You will drive through typical Dutch polders and along narrow dykes. Our luxury coach will take you to the Zaanse Schans and its many unique windmills. The old crafts of the Netherlands are not lacking in this tour. You will visit a wooden clog maker and you can see how Dutch cheese is made the traditional way.
If you book between the 1st of February and the 1st of June for the tour at 08:45 AM or 2:45 PM you will receive a one hour canal cruise for FREE.
This excursion takes us to the countryside north of Amsterdam, to the edge of the river Zaan, where we visit windmill village ‘de Zaanse Schans’, with its characteristic green wooden houses. On the turn of the 18th century this district was an industrial area with approximately 700 windmills in use. In this day and age there are only five left. Through typical Dutch scenery we continue to Volendam for a city walk and the traditional fisherman’s village of Marken, situated on the shores of the former Zuiderzee. This tour includes a visit to a working windmill, boatride between Marken and Volendam, a demonstration in a cheese factory and visit to a traditional clogmaker.
The tour is live guided, but supported by an GPS audio system in 16 languages.
Damrak 26, Amsterdam (approx. 200 meters from the Central Station).
Present your voucher at the tour desk at least 30 minutes before departure
Tour concludes at original point of departure
Things to bring
- Printed voucher
- Photo / Video Camera
- Live Guide in English, Spanish and German
- Admission to a beautiful working windmill
- Admission to the Cheese Factory Volendam
- Demonstration from a traditional clog maker
- A boat trip on the Ijsselmeer
- GPS audio guide in several languages
- Cancellations more than a week in advance only administration costs of 15%
- Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 100% of the total amount
- Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date: 100% of the total amount
- No show: no restitution
We advise to book this tour at least 48 hours in advance.
Check in at the location at least 30 minutes before departure time.
Prices, times and itineraries are subject to change without prior notice.
Book your tickets right now!