Inquiry & Booking
Price from € 9.50 per person
Windmill Cruise at Zaanse Schans with visit to a windmill included
- local cruise in Zaanse Schans
- visit to a windmill
- GPS audioguide on board in 10 languages
Step aboard our luxury boats for a unique cruise of 25 minutes over the river ‘the Zaan’ along all the Windmills of the ‘Zaanse Schans’. We make a stop at one of the most impressive Windmills (included in the price) where you can see the process of the extraction of oil from oleiferous seeds. The view during your Windmill Cruise is like nothing you have seen before and absolutely stunning, beautiful and unique from the water. Windmill Village ‘the Zaanse Schans’ is a residential area in which the 18th and 19th centuries are brought to life. From a distance you can already see the sails of the windmills slowly turning, with extensive meadows in the background. It’s a serene image, but hard work is going on inside the mills. Historically, windmills in Holland served many purposes. The most important probably was pumping water out of the lowlands and back into the rivers beyond the dikes so that the land could be farmed. Without these ‘Dutch heroes’ the Netherlands would not have had a Golden Age at all. The best way to see these mills is from the water by boat and be inspired and amazed by our Zaanse World Heritage. Get to know the secrets of the mills. Our heroes in sight.
Windmill Cruises dock in Zaanse Schans
*paid by Lindbergh*
The cruise concludes at the original point of departure
Things to bring
- Printed Voucher
- Photo / Video Camera
- GPS Audio guide in 10 languages on the cruise
- 25 minutes cruise
- visit to a windmill "Bonte Hen"
- Cancellations more than a week in advance only administration costs of 15%
- Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount
- Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date: 100% of the total amount
- No show: no restitution
Daily departures every 30 minutes from 10am to 4pm.
- Prices, times and itineraries are subject to change without prior notice.