Inquiry & Booking
Price from € 89.00 per person
A Taste of Van Gogh with Kroller Muller museum, Nuenen and watermill
• One of the largest van Gogh collection in the world with 90 paintings and more than 180 drawings
• Visit to a beautiful sculpture garden with over 160 sculptures by image-determining artists including Aristide Maillol, Jean Dubuffet, Pierre Huyghe
• Along the way we visit the watermill, one of the most famous paintings that Van Gogh painted and can also be seen in the Kroller Muller museum
• Visit to his home in Nuenen, where he has made a quarter of his total work
• The first masterpiece ‘the potato eaters’ was created in Nuenen
• Visit to Vincentre where you can get to know Van Gogh as a person and follow his development as a painter
Follow in Van Gogh's footsteps and walk through his paintings.
With 90 paintings and 180 drawings, the famous Kröller-Müller Museum presents the second largest Van Gogh collection worldwide and should be high on your bucket list. See masterpieces by worldfamous
artists such as Claude Monet, Pablo Picasso and wander through the sculpture garden (one of the largest of Europe). After this, we will take you to a watermill that Van Gogh painted in the 1880’s. You
have the option to have lunch here. We will then follow Van Gogh’s journey to the city of Nuenen, where he lived and found inspiration for many of his paintings.
After an approx. 1.15 hours drive this exclusive Van Gogh Tour starts in grand fashion in the Kröller-Müller Museum which owns the second largest Van Gogh collection in the world and lies in one of Netherlands most beautiful national parks.
Besides almost 90 paintings and over 180 drawings of Vincent van Gogh you will also find masterpieces by modern masters such as Claude Monet, Georges Seurat, Pablo Picasso and Piet Mondriaan.
In the sculpture garden of the museum (one of the largest in Europe) you can enjoy over 160 sculptures by iconic artists like for example Aristide Maillol and Jean Dubuffet.
Our lunch location (not included!) will be in a restaurant which is located in the still working watermill which has been painted by Vincent in 1884.
After a this break we will visit the city of Nuenen. Here we will not only see the house where Vincent lived and worked from 1883 to 1885 but you can also walk in the footsteps of Vincent van Gogh. What makes it so special is that you can see and experience the stories about Van Gogh, his letters and his paintings from the very same spot.
You really can't get closer to Van Gogh……
09:00 Departure from Amsterdam
10:30 Arrival of Kroller Muller
12:45 Departure Kroller Muller
14:00 Arrival of the Opwetten water mill
15:15 Departure to Nuenen
15:30 Arrival and visit Vincentre
16:00 Walk through Nuenen (Vincent highlights)
16:30 Departure Nuenen
18:15 Arrival in Amsterdam
Lunch still n.t.b. or at the watermill or at Kroller Muller
Lindbergh office, De Ruijterkade 34, 1012 AA Amsterdam, Netherlands
same as check in
Things to bring
- transportation by bus
- live guide (EN/FR/GER)
- visit to Kroller Muller museum and sculpture gardens
- visit to a working watermill once painted by van Gogh
- visit to van Gogh house in Nuenen, where he painted 1/4 of his work
- audiotours in Kroller Muller & Vincentre (NL/EN/FR/GER/ITA/CHI/TUR)
Cancellations more then a week in advance only administration costs of 15%
Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount
Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount
No show: no restitution
Every Wednesday and Saturday
During August, September, mid-October
August 3, 2019
October 12, 2019