Choose a date
Price from € 490 per vehicle
Alkmaar and Enclosing Dike Private Tour - Seasonal Cheese Market
Join a private tour to Alkmaar and the enclosing Dike with a English/Dutch speaking driver-guide on board of a comfortable car or minivan!
This tour covers the magnificent area of the North side of the Netherlands, towards the island of Texel and the North Sea.
First you will be taken to Alkmaar, pictoresque city founded in 1254 with its famous Sint-Laurenskerk, where you will have the opportunity to visit a seasonal cheese market (only on fridays, from march till september each year). Do you know that the first John Lennon guitar was made in Alkmaar?!
Next stop is the famous enclosing Dike - "Afsluitdijk " which connects Friesland and North Holland from 1932, with a lenght of 32km, protecting the Zuiderzee from flooding.
We will give you free time to explore around and make pictures or buy some nice souvenirs.
At the end we will head back to Amsterdam again.
Pick up from your hotel in Amsterdam
Drive to Alkmaar and the seasonal cheese market (each friday from 27march to 25september)
Drive to Enclosing Dike
Transportation back to your hotel in Amsterdam
From your hotel in Amsterdam
Your hotel in Amsterdam
Things to bring
- Printed voucher
- Photo / Video Camera
- Private transportation by airconditioned car/minibus
- Hotel pick up and drop off from Amsterdam
- English speaking driver-guide
- visit to Alkmaar and enclosing dike
- seasonal cheese market (only on fridays)
- Lunch or any other consumptions
- Cancellations more then a week in advance only administration costs of 15%
- Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount
- Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount
- No show: no restitution
Tour departs from your hotel or any other location in Amsterdam