Choose a date
Price from € 199 per group
Private Anne Frank Walking Tour
Walk through Amsterdam with a professional guide that shows you Amsterdam during the second world war, through the eyes of Anne Frank. The tour goes from the Jewish Quarter to Anne Frank's House, for the complete storyline of these days of war.
Travel back to the dark days of World War II on a 2-hour walking tour of Amsterdam, and learn what life was like following the occupation of the Netherlands by the Germans in 1940-1945 and how Anne Frank became an icon of the brutality of suppression. Hear the story about her diary and how it came to be published by her father Otto Frank.
Meet your guide at the entrance of the Jewish Historical Museum. (Address: Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1) Stroll past monuments and buildings still marked by traces of war. Your guide will bring the history to life, giving you a sense of how the city’s citizens behaved during the occupation, and how they moved around in times of horror.
Learn why the Dutch tried to co-exist with the occupying army, and how the Dutch behaved towards the Jews of Amsterdam like Anne Frank. Hear about special events, such as the February Strike and Winter of Hunger.
Visit the Jewish neighbourhood with its Portuguese synagogue and museum, and the head office of the Jewish counsel. Discover locations the Dutch resistance offered as secret hiding places to families like the Franks. The tour ends at Anne Frank's House. If you wish to visit the museum you must book your tickets well in advance from their website. They do no sell at the door.
Ideal for fans of WWII history, the tour also gives an insight into how the Jewish community lived, survived and still thrive in Amsterdam.
Note: Admission to Anne Frank’s House is not included.
Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1
In front of the main entrance of the Jewish Historical Museum
Your guide will hold an orange umbrella
Anne Frank house
- Professional English speaking guide
- (OPTIONAL: Canal Cruise 11 EUR per person extra at 04:30 PM)
Entrance ticket to Anne Frank House is not included. This tour does not grant you access or allow you to enter the Anne-Frank House. You can join the line to see the Anne-Frank House on your own after the tour, however entrance is not guaranteed
- Cancellations more than a week in advance only administration costs of 15%
- Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount
- Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date: 100% of the total amount
- No show: no restitution
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Entrance ticket to Anne Frank House is not included. This tour does not grant you access or allow you to enter the Anne-Frank House. You can join the line to see the Anne-Frank House on your own after the tour, however entrance is not guaranteed.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Wheelchair accessible.