Choose a date
Price from € 495 per person
Private Giethoorn Tour
If you book between the 15th of October and 21st of March the tour you will receive a one hour canal cruise per person for FREE in Amsterdam.
We will start the tour from Amsterdam, your driver/guide will take you to the picturesque town of Giethoorn in the province of Overijssel. Founded by Mediterranean fugitives in 1230AD, the town is known as the “Venice of the North” because instead of main roads the village famously has only canals. Although bikes are used by locals, the only other way of getting around the city is by boat. Most houses are built on little islands connected to each other with high bridges. After some free time to explore the picturesque village on your own, your driver will take you back to your hotel in Amsterdam.
As most of Giethoorn is only accessible by boat, it has become famous for being a village without roads. It borders the Weerribben-Wieden National Park, which is the largest fen in northwestern Europe. During the trip, you’ll see the beautiful waterways and old farmhouses that line their banks and experience the peace, tranquility and natural beauty of this magical place. You will also have free time to explore this fairy-tale village without roads on your own, take pictures or grab something to eat (lunch is not included). Besides its fame as a village without roads, Giethoorn is also known for its excellent restaurants where you'll be able to eat some lunch (not included). Afterwards, the bus will take you to the Houtribdijk (“Dike Enkhuizen-Lelystad”) where we will stop for photos.
Tour departs from your hotel or any other location in Amsterdam
Drop off at your hotel or any other location in Amsterdam
Things to bring
- Printed voucher
- Photo camera
- Vehicle/ Luxury e Class Mercedes or Mercedes minivan
- English speaking driver/guide
- Pick up / Drop off: any location in Amsterdam
- Parking Fee
- Canal cruise in Giethoorn
- Food and drinks
- Cancellation more than a week in advance: 15% administration fee
- Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount plus administration fees that might be imposed
- Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date and time or no-show: 100% of the total amount