Choose a date
Price from € 23.50 per person
Anne Frank Walking Tour
Walk through Amsterdam with a professional guide that shows you Amsterdam during the second world war, through the eyes of Anne Frank. The tour goes from the Jewish Quarter to Anne Frank's House, for the complete storyline of these days of war.
Travel back to the dark days of World War II on a 2-hour walking tour of Amsterdam, and learn what life was like following the occupation of the Netherlands by the Germans in 1940-1945 and how Anne Frank became an icon of the brutality of suppression. Hear the story about her diary and how it came to be published by her father Otto Frank.
Meet your guide at the entrance of the Jewish Historical Museum. (Address: Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1) Stroll past monuments and buildings still marked by traces of war. Your guide will bring the history to life, giving you a sense of how the city’s citizens behaved during the occupation, and how they moved around in times of horror.
Learn why the Dutch tried to co-exist with the occupying army, and how the Dutch behaved towards the Jews of Amsterdam like Anne Frank. Hear about special events, such as the February Strike and Winter of Hunger.
Visit the Jewish neighbourhood with its Portuguese synagogue and museum, and the head office of the Jewish counsel. Discover locations the Dutch resistance offered as secret hiding places to families like the Franks. The tour ends at Anne Frank's House. Tickets are not included an can only be booked through the website of the Anne Frank museum online. They cannot be purchased on the spot.
Ideal for fans of WWII history, the tour also gives an insight into how the Jewish community lived, survived and still thrive in Amsterdam.
Note: Admission to Anne Frank’s House is not included.
Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1
In front of the main entrance of the Jewish Historical Museum
Your guide will hold an orange umbrella
Anne Frank house
Things to bring
- Printed voucher
- Professional English (or Spanish or French - see options) speaking guide
- Anne Frank House museum entrance tickets
Cancellations more than a week in advance only administration costs of 15%
Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount
Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date: 100% of the total amount
No show: no restitution
We advise to book this tour at least 48 hours in advance.
Check in at the location at least 15minutes before departure time.
Prices, times and itineraries are subject to change without prior notice.
- Entrance ticket to Anne Frank House is not included. This tour does not grant you access or allow you to enter the Anne-Frank House. You can join the line to see the Anne-Frank House on your own after the tour, however entrance is not guaranteed.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Wheelchair accessible.