Choose a date
Price from € 205 per group
Private Walking Tour of Bruges (Belgium)
- Minnewater Lake or Lake of Love.
- Beginhof (Convent of the Beguines).
- Halve Maan Brewery.
- Stoofstraat Street.
- Saint John Hospital.
- Church of Our Lady.
- Dijver Water Canal.
- Palace Gruuthuse.
- Burg Square (City Hall and Church of the Holy Blood).
- Market Square (Grotemarkt).
- Belfort Tower.
- (Optional, outside duration of the visit) Visit to the chapel of "La Madonna by Michelangelo (Church of Our Lady). To consider:
- Opening hours: 9.30 - 17.00
- On Sundays, access is only allowed after 13.30 because of the catholic mass.
- Price €4* (adults), free under 18.
- (Optional, outside duration of the visit) Boat trip through the canals of Bruges. To consider:
- Opening hours: 10.00 - 17.00
- Price: €10 adults, €6 children from 4 to 11, children up to 3 free.
*The usual price is €6, but until further notice there are works in the chapel, although La Madonna can be visited it has a price reduction for the inconveniences.
BRUGES: A TIME TRAVEL TO THE PEARL OF FLANDERS
How is possible for a traveler, without ever having been to Bruges, to get excited just by thinking about this city? There are few places in the world that cause this sensation and, without a doubt, this magical place causes such sensation. Its irresistible history and its picturesque streets have caused UNESCO itself to recognize it as a World Heritage Site.
No one has ever escaped to the charm of Bruges. Not even the dukes of Burgundy were able to resist from its flourishing as an international port and as a rich commercial settlement since the 11th century. Famous painters such as Jan Van Eyck and Hans Memling -the great Flemish primitives- found their source of creativity in this environment. However, strong political changes in the court, wars of religions, struggles for power and difficultes in the water canals and in the connections to the sea submerged the city in a dormant dream at the end of the 15th century.
It is precisely this huge crisis and that economic nightmare that arised after the Golden Age, and after a period in which the city seemed untouchable, which will allow us to be protagonists of a city completely stopped in time. The lack of resources made Bruges, during the centuries, remain lethargic, without great constructions or destructions, until in the 19th century its patrimony was rediscovered and its intimate bubble became its biggest prize. Not only tourism began to flourish but, taking advantage of this new impulse, a new port was inaugurated allowing another quick connection with the sea: the Zeebrugge. Without a doubt, it is currently the most famous tourist center in all Belgium and a complete open-air museum.
It does not matter in which century we are: Bruges is an architectural jewel made in a human scale. Although today the brüggelinger (native inhabitants) mix with the tourists through its streets, in previous centuries the beguines mixed with the merchants, the high guilds with the noble houses, the ecclesiastical hierarchy with the political one, the masters craftsmen with the sailors... Today, such a rich and unique history is still breathed into the air.
Parking Minnewater, Bruges
Things to bring
- Printed voucher
- Photo Camera
- Private walking tour with licensed guide, max 25 persons per guide
- Entrances to museums/attractions
- Food or drinks
Cancellation more than 1 month before departure date : only administration fees
Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount
No show: no restitution
max 25 persons per guide
English and Spanish guaranteed.
Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Russian, Dutch Tours only under request
- This tour should be booked at least 48 hours in advance of departure time