Choose a date
Price from € 53 per person
The Original Amsterdam Craft Beer Tour
Bask in the glory of liquid sunshine on this Amsterdam tour that covers all the best bars, breweries, and beer halls of this brew-loving city. From a place where nuns used to brew ales, to the mothership of Dutch beer brewing — the original Heineken building — see, and taste, the Netherlands' strong brewing history. Please note that this is NOT a pub crawl.
- Walk the streets of Amsterdam while learning about the brewing industry
- See where Amsterdam’s original Heineken building first stood and learn how local beer flavors have been shaped over the centuries
- Visit Amsterdam’s boutique bars and breweries
- Choose from hundreds of ales at an impressive beer hall
Go beyond the iconic Heineken, Grolsch, and Amstel brands and delve deeper into the fascinating world of Dutch beer on this walking tour of Amsterdam that incorporates great cafes and drink stops!
To begin, meet your enthusiastic local guide inside the Beer Temple, a short distance from the original Heineken building in the Amsterdam center, an appropriate starting place for this refreshing adventure! Walk the beautiful streets of central Amsterdam, stopping in the downtown area to sample local beers and learn about the Belgium and German influences that have shaped the Dutch brewing industry. Learn about the spots where Amsterdam warehouses used to store beer back in the 15th century and then take a detour through the red light district to visit a small brewery located within this infamous area.
On our Amsterdam beer tour, we visit another brewery that just opened and finish the adventure at a legendary local beer haunt that has more than 200 different varieties of beer! Anyone who drinks beer will be amazed at the range on offer here. Choose to sip on a pale lager, gulp some bitter ale, or sample a strong triple malt to celebrate the end of the beers and breweries tour of Amsterdam. Raise a glass with friends and make a toast to Amsterdam. From there, you’re free to head back to your accommodation or stay on at the beer hall for another sneaky tipple. Be sure to talk with your guide to get insider information on the best things to do in Amsterdam and the best places to go for beer during the rest of your stay.
Please note that this is NOT a pub crawl.
Meeting point: Inside THE BEER TEMPLE, Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 250, 1012 RR Amsterdam, www.beertemple.nl.
NOTE: Depending on the weather, your guide will be wearing or holding a signifier. Look for the colour red.
A beer hall in the city centre.
Things to bring
- comfortable shoes
- local English-speaking guide
- three great beers
- one typical Dutch bar snack
- items of a personal nature
- beers or drinks at final destination
- additional bar snacks additional beers while on tour
- beer glasses and rare bottles of beer
- and tips/gratuities for bartenders
- tips & gratuities for your guide
- Cancellations more than a week in advance only administration costs of 15%
- Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 100% of the total amount
- Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date: 100% of the total amount
- No show: no restitution
- Duration: 3hours
- Meeting point: Inside THE BEER TEMPLE, Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 250, 1012 RR Amsterdam, www.beertemple.nl. NOTE: Depending on the weather, your guide will be wearing or holding a signifier. Look for the colour red.
- Starting time: 4.30 PM
- Ending point: A beer hall in the city centre.