Inquiry & Booking
Price from € 108.00 per person
Total Amsterdam Beer Tour: By Foot, By Bike & By Boat
Beer fans rejoice! If you want to get under the surface of Amsterdam’s buzzing beer scene and explore the city as the locals do, then this tour is for you! Your afternoon is spent learning how to traverse the streets of Amsterdam on two wheels after which you’re rewarded with a series of carefully curated craft beer samplings followed by a lively and informative booze cruise along the famous canals of the Dutch capital. What’s Dutch for ‘cheers’ we hear you cry?! Proost!
- Discover the unique biking culture of Amsterdam and learn how to cycle the city streets just like a local
- Taste the Netherland’s top craft beer offerings in our favourite local bars and brew houses
- Learn a little about the brewing process and meet local beer entrpreneurs
- Enjoy an entertaining boat cruise (open bar included!) and experience Amsterdam from its famous canals
This Total tour is a combination of two of our most popular Amsterdam tours, Everything you need to know about Cycling in Amsterdam tour and The Original Amsterdam Beer tour, along with a very special boat cruise in Amsterdam.
Your oh-so-Dutch afternoon of bicycles, beers, and boats begins at the bicycle rental shop. Here, we spend some time taking you through all the basic rules of cycling in Amsterdam.
Once you have mastered the basics, we put your biking skills to the test by taking a ride from the bike shop into the town centre and then on to a mystery neighbourhood. Here, you not only get to explore an area off the tourist track but have the chance to practice your newfound Netherlands biking skills. Your guide is still by your side in case you have any problems or have any further questions you wish to ask, such as how to swear at pedestrians in Dutch!
After two hours, we drop off our rental bikes and go in search of the best liquid refreshment in the city, as the beer portion of our total Amsterdam tour begins! We stroll the beautiful streets of central Amsterdam, stopping in the downtown area to sample local brews, and learn about the Belgian and German influences that have shaped the Dutch brewing industry.
We also take a detour through the red light district to visit a small, popular brewery located within this infamous area.
Our final beer stop (on foot at least), is a legendary local beer haunt that has more than 200 different varieties of beer to choose from! Anyone who drinks beer will be amazed at the range on offer here. Choose to sip on a pale lager, gulp some bitter ale, or sample a strong triple malt, the choice is yours!
Next up, its time to take your Amsterdam beer tour to the next level — on a very special, hour-long boat cruise that allows you to admire our stunning city from its famous canals while you continue to enjoy the best beer that the city has to offer.
Your boat cruise is led by an enthusiastic team of young entrepreneurs who are committed to sustainability (the boats are electric), safety, and showing off their city!
Your tour ends next to a craft beer brewery and restaurant just across from Central Station. Before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide for more tips on what else to see and so during your stay in Amsterdam.
Please note: Due to poor weather conditions during the winter months (Nov 29 – Mar 15), the bike portion of this tour will be substituted for a tram ride (tickets included) to the West of the city to visit a local bottle shop. We will also point out the Festival of Lights, a popular winter event in the city’s annual calendar.
Rent-A-Bike, Dam Square Damstraat 20-22, 1012 HK. The bike shop is in an ally between Rene’s Bakery and Wok To Go.
Trams that stop close by are 4/9/24 and 1/2/5/13/17 stopping at Dam Square.
Oudezijds Voorburgwal 62; 1012 GD Amsterdam.
Things to bring
- comfortable shoes
- local English-speaking guide
- bike rental for two hours
- beer samplers at three bar stops
- beers on boat trip (all beer can be substituted for wine)
- boat trip with hostess and skipper
- a tram ticket (only applies from Nov 20 – Mar 15 when the bike portion of the tour is substituted with a tram ride to our favourite Amsterdam neighbourhood)
- items of a personal nature
- tips & gratuities for your guide
- any beers purchased at bottle shops or liquors at distilleries and breweries
- Cancellations more than a week in advance only administration costs of 15%
- Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 100% of the total amount
- Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date: 100% of the total amount
- No show: no restitution
- Duration: 6 hours
- Meeting point: Rent-A-Bike, Dam Square Damstraat 20-22, 1012 HK. The bike shop is in an ally between Rene’s Bakery and Wok To Go. Trams that stop close by are 4/9/24 and 1/2/5/13/17 stopping at Dam Square.
- Starting time: 1.30 PM
- Ending point: Oudezijds Voorburgwal 62; 1012 GD Amsterdam.